- n an imaginary line on the surface of the earth following (approximately) the 180th meridian
- n a line at the beginning of a news article giving the date and place of origin of the news dispatch
- v mark with a date and place
dateline a newspaper article
- That has made it something of a holy-grail dateline for reporters covering the military.
- However, the dateline for the story I did file was quickly transformed in blogosphere reprints into a joint byline that read, "by Massimo Calabresi and Diego Garcia.
- Aside from a brief tour allowed in 1976 while Carter made noises about "demilitarizing" the region, nary a journalist has set foot on the island -- a Newsweek writer's dateline .
News & Articles
- Reno Rodeo: Three-time champ Harris leads field into Reno Xtreme Bulls
J.W. Harris of Mullin, Texas, hangs on to Go-To-Guy during the 2011 Xtreme Bulls competition. / Liz Margerum/RGJ File Back # Contestant Hometown Bull Stock Contractor Section 1 23 Maier, Ardie Timber Lake, SD 734 DATELINE WR Western Rodeos 5 Bingham, Tim Honeyville, UT 955 May Day WR Western Rodeos 22 Koschel, Josh Nunn, CO 736 MAGIC TIME WR Western Rodeos 11 Coppini, Paul Kuna, ID 543 CROSS OFF ...
June 20, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Soccer-Japan coach singles out Pirlo for special attention
(Fixes dateline, no change to text) By Andrew Downie RECIFE, Brazil, June 18 (Reuters) - Japan must close down Andrea Pirlo if they want to defeat Italy and prolong their participation in this year's Confederation Cup, coach Alberto Zaccheroni said on Tuesday. Juventus' Pirlo controls the Italian midfield and his partnership with Mario Balotelli is the big threat to the Asian champions in ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Soccer-Spain to meet Italy in Euro Under-21 final
* Champions Spain beat Norway 3-0 * Italy scrape 1-0 win over Dutch (Adds Italy win, changes dateline, adds byline) By Ori Lewis PETAH TIKVA, Israel, June 15 (Reuters) - Spain and Italy will meet in the European Under-21 Championship final, a repeat of the title showdown at the Euro 2012 senior tournament, after beating Norway and Netherlands respectively on Saturday. Holders Spain swept aside ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Stone Phillips in Forbes
It's been a wonderful 15 years,Phillips said in a statement issued by NBC. "I'm profoundly appreciative of the many friends and colleagues, past and present, who have been a part of the `Dateline' family. This is a great news division with...
- Jeff Clark in San Jose Mercury News
With this storm lining up, coming at us from the International Dateline unobstructed, I wasn't going to let this one go by,said Clark, the surf pioneer who "discovered" Mavericks in 1975 and for about 15 years was the only one to surf it.
- George Negus in Melbourne Herald Sun
Stop and take a bloody good look at yourself and see whether what you're doing is what you should be,Negus said. "I've done it several times. Dateline did it, that's why I'm working there. They need to clean themselves out a bit and take a...