danger : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the condition of being susceptible to harm or injury
you are in no danger
there was widespread danger of disease
- n a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury
there was a danger he would do the wrong thing
- n a cause of pain or injury or loss
he feared the dangers of traveling by air
- n a dangerous place
He moved out of danger
- Q A: With renewed focus on high-mercury tuna, one public-health expert says the real danger is that we're not eating enough fish.
- Analysis: The White House's proposed overhaul of the Endangered Species Act is its latest end-run around Congress to undo one of the real success stories of the green movement.
- I would not like to drive a racing car unless there was an element of danger involved, any more than I would like to fight a bull without horns.
News & Articles
- Danger Mouse puts polish on Portugal. The Man’s new record, ‘Evil Friends’
Having five-time Grammy Award winner Danger Mouse produce your album is no small feat for any band.
June 17, 2013 - The Oneida Daily Dispatch
- Cotton from trees increasing fire danger
Fire danger is extreme in the riverside forest along the banks of the Rio Grande in New Mexico and getting worse every day, thanks to something the trees themselves are doing. Read more at KOB.com
June 17, 2013 - KOB 4 Albuquerque
- Joe Danger, Joe Danger 2 ride onto PC June 24
Joe Danger and Joe Danger 2: The Movie are bracing for impact with Steam on June 24, developer Hello Games told us. As for prices, Hello Games is keeping them under its helmet for now. Both tricksters will feature mouse and keyboard support, be compatible with Big Picture Mode, include ghost records to race against, and offer Steamworks support for their level editors. Gallery: Joe Danger 1 and ...
June 14, 2013 - Joystiq
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
...House spokesman Robert Gibbs said President Barack Obama believes that until investigations can determine why the spill happened, continued deepwater drilling exposes workers and the environment to "a danger that the president does not...
- President Bush in Boston Globe
Those characteristics, Bush said, are what the nation needs in a president: "somebody that can handle the tough decisions, somebody who won't flinch in the face of danger."
- Rick Perry in MiamiHerald.com
It's a big storm,Texas Gov. Rick Perry said. "I cannot overemphasize the danger that is facing us. It's going to do some substantial damage. It's going to knock out power. It's going to cause massive flooding."