- n an artistic form of nonverbal communication
- n a party of people assembled for dancing
- n taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
- n a party for social dancing
- v move in a graceful and rhythmical way
The young girl danced into the room
- v move in a pattern; usually to musical accompaniment; do or perform a dance
My husband and I like to dance at home to the radio
- v skip, leap, or move up and down or sideways
The children danced with joy
- Madonna returns to the dance floor for inspiration and comes back with an irresistible new album.
- As they dance they sing their own improvised, often risqu and not always intelligible love lyrics.
- Sure, it's exotic and sexy, but new fans of this dance form are finding it's also a great way to stay in shape.
News & Articles
- Dance center to host gala for instructor injured in Boston Marathon bombings
Arthur Murray Dance Centers in the Boston area is hosting a fundraiser gala to benefit Adrianne Haslet-Davis, one of its own who was affected by the Boston Marathon bombings.
June 14, 2013 - FOX 25 Boston
- Dance Listings for June 14-20
A selected guide to dance performances in the New York area.
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- Dance Leader Remains in Motion
Though former Joffrey Ballet prima ballerina Jodie Gates no longer pirouettes across international dance stages, she has kept in constant motion as a choreographer, founding director of the Laguna Dance Festival and dance professor at UC Irvine. Her academic career took another leap in April when the University of Southern California appointed her to become [...]
June 13, 2013 - The Laguna Beach Independent
- Mark Sanford in Los Angeles Times
What I would say is that I've never had sex with another woman. Have I done stupid? I have. You know, you meet someone. You dance with them. You go to a place where you probably shouldn't have gone,Sanford said, declining to discuss details.
- Roberto Cavalli in Forbes
The thing about Jennifer Lopez, she is a singer, she is a dancer,Cavalli said. "Most of the time when I prepare something for the tour, the performer, they want something very soft so they can dance and so they can move free."
- Charles Prince in Telegraph.co.uk
...suspect his literary inspiration was Chuck Prince, the former Citigroup boss who, about three minutes before the financial crisis started, famously said that "as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still...