- n small long-bodied short-legged German breed of dog having a short sleek coat and long drooping ears; suited for following game into burrows
- The Egyptians, as their ancient reliefs attest, valued the brave and loyal, but somewhat obstinate dachshund.
- A narcoleptic dachshund? How about a baby polar bear sleeping next to a plush, stuffed polar bear? Cute Things Falling Asleep might be the most adorable time waster since Animal .
- To the incurious, the dachshund seems a miserable creature.
News & Articles
- 4th Dachshund Dash slated July 27 at Expo
ENID, Okla. — The fourth annual Enid Paws 4 the Cause Dachshund Dash is raising money this year to help purchase a new Enid Police Department K-9 partner to replace the retired Thor.
June 12, 2013 - The Enid News & Eagle
- Blind Dog & Her Guide Dog Need A New Home
Tinker, a three year old Chihuahua-Dachshund mix, was unwanted at birth. She was born blind.
June 11, 2013 - CBS Dallas - Fort Worth
- Asheville's Adorable the dog gets a set of wheels
Adorable, a 7-year-old pinscher/dachshund mix, nuzzles Buncombe County Animal Shelter animal care manager Paul Vis, who constructed a doggy-sized wheelchair for Adorable, who has lost use of her back legs.
June 5, 2013 - Asheville Citizen-Times
- Cary Fowler in Scotsman
Crops consist of numerous species, some as different from each other as a "Dachshund from a Great Dane", Fowler said.
- Michael Ancram in BBC News
There can be few more humiliating sights than a British Prime Minister ingratiating himself with his French and German counterparts. One day poodle Blair, next day dachshund Blair but bulldog Blair - never,Mr Ancram told Tory representatives.
- Shane MacDougall in KATC
I pretty much get an e-mail every week from someone who's starting a new (dachshund) race or knows about a race that's starting up,MacDougall said.