dab : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a light touch or stroke
- n a small quantity of something moist or liquid
a dab of paint
- v apply (usually a liquid) to a surface
dab the wall with paint
- v hit lightly
- Obama's tale of his lineage begins in Kansas: "the dab-smack, landlocked center of the country, a place where decency and endurance and the pioneer spirit were joined at the hip .
- The firmness is good, but just a dab of equivocation wouldn't hurt.
- For a guy who has spent his life smack-dab in the Washington establishment, the endorsement firmly, and finally, establishes Gore as an outsider.
News & Articles
- Get Your Content to Stand Out From the Crowd
With so much similar content out there, how do you stand out? Here's three tips. We're smack-dab in the golden age of content marketing. Everywhere you look, there's a webinar/podcast/blog post telling you to jump on the bandwagon and produce engaging, relevant content and your business will boom. Well, it's not quite that simple. In this race to produce content, my team and I sometimes find ...
June 20, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- Rusch repeats as Dirty Kanza women's champ
Little in life is more demanding from a mental and physical standpoint than riding a bike across the treeless plains of Kansas smack dab into a 50 mile-per-hour headwind.
June 19, 2013 - Idaho Mountain Express and Guide
- Hear M.I.A.'s Wild, Drum-Smashing New Single 'Bring the Noize'
M.I.A. debuted her newest track on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 program on Monday. "Bring the Noize" is fittingly loud and urgent, paying tribute to its forbearers in Public Enemy, but also seating the sound smack-dab in the middle of the era of digital overload...
June 17, 2013 - Spin
- Barack Obama in Kansas City Star
She was born in November 1942 at Fort Leavenworth to Stan and Madelyn Dunham - both Kansas natives from the "dab-smack, landlocked center of the country," Obama wrote.
- Teresa Roncon in Orleans Star
Earlier Saturday, Roncon said: "I think that there's a lot of doom and gloom out there right now, we're right smack dab in the middle of February and people just are looking for something escapist."
- Andy Duncan in guardian.co.uk
The Channel 4 chief executive, Andy Duncan, who was previously a big champion of Channel 4's radio ambitions, said: "We've taken this decision very reluctantly. We've pursued our radio plans in good faith and continue to believe DAB has a strong...