- n a cynical feeling of distrust
- I've often said that cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre.
- That of the woman of principle who demonstrated that one could stand for the right values even in a profession corroded by cynicism and cant? That of the novice in politics who .
- Reid's cynicism wasn't thought noteworthy, and his defeatism wasn't thought extraordinary.
News & Articles
- Farewell to an environmental champion
Many folks view politicians with a jaundiced eye, and there's plenty of evidence to justify their cynicism. But that just was not the case with U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg, who passed away last week.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Journal
- Barack Obama in Toronto Star
I face the world as it is, and cannot stand idle in the face of threats to the American people,Obama said in the speech, formally known as the Nobel Lecture. "To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism. It is a...
- John McCain in Guardian Unlimited
On the presidential campaign trail, Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona said destruction of the tapes "harms the credibility and the moral standing of America in the world again. There will be skepticism and cynicism all over the world about how...
- Andrew Cuomo in USA Today
Covering up the details of these payments breeds further cynicism and distrust in our already shaken financial system,Cuomo said in the letter.