cybernetic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating the principles of cybernetics
- But a 3-D video "Last Riot," by the Russian artist team AESF, purporting to show the cutthroat chaos of our cybernetic video-game-like future, is more creepy than apolcalyptic.
- Still another acquaintance thinks the cybernetic revolution has failed its promise by simply trying to mimic applied human intelligence.
- He felt that management has certain responsibilities "in the face of the cybernetic revolution.
News & Articles
- Video Friday: Quadrotor Acrobatics, Telerobotic Pitcher, and RoboRoach
Flying robots and cybernetic bugs invade Video Friday
June 14, 2013 - IEEE Spectrum
- Building a Cyborg in the Roaring Twenties
In the grand scheme of history our medical devices will (hopefully) seem quite primitive to people of the future. And if we make as many advances in the future as we have since the 1920s, we'll all be cybernetic demigods in no time. Read more...
June 14, 2013 - Gizmodo
- IMPRESSIONS: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Impressions
This demo needed some cybernetic implants of its own to help new players. I decided to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut due to a strong recommendation from a friend. I didn't know much going into the experience other than it’s a first person shooter with RPG elements and that different abilities are gained through cybernetic attachments given to the game’s main character. The demo ...
June 13, 2013 - Nintendo World Report
- Alex Fong in Malaysia Star
Fong said: "Although I appear to be like a human being most of the time, there's always the underlying robotic consciousness that shows I'ma cybernetic organism. He's quite a multi-faceted character and I had to conjure up bizarre and even...
- James Lovelock in Independent
Lovelock called this "a cybernetic system with homeostatic tendencies, as detected by chemical anomalies in the Earth's atmosphere".