- n any of a class of organic compounds containing the cyano radical -CN
- n an extremely poisonous salt of hydrocyanic acid
- In the following excerpt, Suskind describes the government's reaction to information about a different WMD threat: hydrogen cyanide gas.
- REEF KILLERS The use of toxic cyanide to snag live fish for gourmands in Southeast Asia is damaging a delicate ocean habitat.
- Capsules laced with cyanide kill a New York woman.
- Mahinda Rajapakse in Bloomberg
The LTTE should now accept that the liberation of the Tamil people won't be achieved "through guns, bombs and cyanide capsules," President Mahinda Rajapaksa said in the capital, Colombo, at a ceremony last week to mark the recapture of the...
- Mark White in Houston Chronicle
The question is going to be how did they get it because sodium cyanide is used in various things,White said.
- Peter DeFazio in Forbes
Compound 1080 and M-44 sodium cyanide capsules are lethal, dangerous, and unnecessary poisons. Either EPA must do its job and protect American citizens and wildlife from their use, or I will ask Congress to do so,DeFazio wrote.