- n an item made to the customer's specifications
- s built for a particular individual
- He drove about in a custom-built gold and black car, designed to look like a London taxi and powered by a Rolls-Royce engine.
- One of the first features Leno announced was a celebrity "green-car challenge," in which guests will race on a custom-built track behind the studio in electric Ford Focuses.
- While Coxson was trying to appeal the case, the feds moved in and seized his white Lincoln Continental Mark IV and his custom-built black Cadillac limousine.