currency : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the metal or paper medium of exchange that is presently used
- n general acceptance or use
the currency of ideas
- n the property of belonging to the present time
the currency of a slang term
- The WSJ reports that People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan has: called for the creation of a new currency to eventually replace the dollar as the world's standard .
- Baffling to Chinese coolies are the ramifications of the Chinese-Japanese currency war.
- Drop in currency value since a year ago: 51% No developed country has suffered as much from the credit crunch as Iceland, which has seen its banking system and its currency, the .
- Timothy Geithner in guardian.co.uk
President Obama - backed by the conclusions of a broad range of economists - believes that China is manipulating its currency,wrote Geithner, expressing a view that the previous treasury secretary, Henry Paulson, was unwilling to voice.
- Ben Bernanke in Seeking Alpha (blog)
But last week was different, and Bernanke said in no uncertain terms that the Fed's "commitment to both price stability and maximum sustainable employment......will be key factors ensuring that the dollar remains a strong and stable currency."
- President Bush in Reuters
Our economy is large and it's open and flexible. Our capital markets are some of the deepest and most liquid. And the long-term health and strong foundation of our economy will shine through and be reflected in currency values,Bush said.