- n large migratory shorebirds of the sandpiper family; closely related to woodcocks but having a down-curved bill
- However, the curlew has been fading out for yearseven before pesticides.
- So numerous was the elegant long-billed, long-legged Eskimo curlew, which Audubon painted during an 1833 trip to Labrador, that "the accounts given of these curlews border on the .
- O, curlew, cry no more in the air .
News & Articles
- Curlew Lake fireworks rescheduled to Friday
REPUBLIC - A truck break-down led organizers to reschedule the Curlew Lake fireworks show to this evening, July 5. Organizer Bobbi Weller said the fireworks supplier contacted the Republic Chamber of Commerce on Independence Day to say its truck had broken down en route to the show.
July 5, 2013 - The Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle