- v breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
- a bred from parents of different varieties or species
- Geneticists have found some domesticated Mongolian riding ponies that carry genetic markers for Przewalski's horses, as if they had been crossbred.
- Researchers then crossbred two generations of the active and inactive mice, ending up with a study group of 310 genetically mixed offspring.
- The infester is the Sumatran rat monkey, which, one local says, was crossbred when "these great big rats come scurryin' off the slave ships and raped all the little tree monkeys.