- Crime kingpins are also alleged to finance popular Mexican singers, who croon about the gangsters' exploits.
- The music industry is ruled by stereotypes: whites rock, blacks rap and croon soul, and few dare to cross the color line.
- Most of them croon standards such as Down by the Old Mill Stream and Let Me Call You Sweetheart.
News & Articles
- Belle Ghoul’s ‘Saturday Knife Fight’ EP
Belle Ghoul – Saturday Knife Fight EP Elephant Records Info Our singer slides in with a too-cool croon as mellifluous as some late-night DJ on buzzy AM radio. There’s this hand-clappable beat coaxing you to shake and twist your way out of the diner and slide down the banister to that wavy bass groove as rich in character as any low humming baritone member of a doo-wop quartet. These cascading ...
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Metro Times
- Bobby Lounge in The Times-Picayune - NOLA.com
I'm real interested in syntax,Lounge said. "I want it to be interesting to listen to, and if not meaningful, then at least funny. Something besides 'moon, croon, June.' Paint a little picture or tell some kind of story." "It has...
- Benjamin Bagby in Boston Globe (registration)
We are not going to croon and mumble,Bagby said. "We are working with different regional pronunciations and with different approaches to the musical notation. There are bits and scraps of musical notation from the 9th century; it basically...