credal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to a creed
- And there an internationaland inter-credaltask force of scholars takes over, trying to fit the fragments together in a vast, incredibly difficult jigsaw puzzle.
- To these people the theologians apologize for the "tragic faults" of dogmatic denominationalism, for credal, ritual and other church abuses.
- It cuts across all sectarian lines and transcends all credal boundaries.
- Victoria Matthews in Anglican Church of Canada
The commission, chaired by Bishop Victoria Matthews of Edmonton, concluded, in its report released in 2005, "that the blessing of same-sex unions is a matter of doctrine but is not core doctrine in the sense of being credal."