- n a hospital where foundlings (infant children of unknown parents) are taken in and cared for
- n a representation of Christ's nativity in the stable at Bethlehem
- The creche dissent in the Allegheny decision brought together Justices Anthony Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, Byron White and Chief Justice William Rehnquist, all of whom favor a .
- Meanwhile, the Scarsdale creche is spending its third Christmas in storage.
- But at two public buildings in Pittsburgh there will be no creche and no holiday candelabrum this year.
- Annie Laurie Gaylor in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
Displaying a creche on the city hall building conveys the message that the City Council endorses Christianity,wrote Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the foundation.
- Myleene Klass in Sky News
Myleene, who will be bringing in the New Year with a live piano rendition of Auld Lang Syne, told the Daily Mirror: "They've provided a creche, which is pretty cool."
- Harry Blackmun in United Press International
The creche angel's words endorse a patently Christian message: Glory to God for the birth of Jesus Christ,Blackmun wrote. "Moreover, in contrast to Lynch, nothing in the creche's setting detracts from that message. Although the government...