- n small wolf native to western North America
- n someone who smuggles illegal immigrants into the United States (usually across the Mexican border)
- n a forest fire fighter who is sent to battle remote and severe forest fires (often for days at a time)
- For generations Western sheepmen have reserved their deepest wrath for the coyote (Canis latrans), a wily cousin of the wolf with a healthy appetite for mice, rabbits and .
- In Mexican business talk, a "coyote" is a slick deal-maker who moves secretly, cultivates the right people in high places and knows how to come away with a good profit.
- There are coyote populations in every major metropolis in the West today.
- Jessica Simpson in New Zealand Herald
Jessica wrote: "My heart is broken because a coyote took my precious Daisy right in front of our eyes, HORROR! We are searching. Hoping. Please help!"
- Barbara Bush in FOXNews
The animals who are around the base of the gingerbread are animals that you might see if you visit some of our national parks,Mrs. Bush said. "We have foxes and special sheep that we would see if we were in Alaska, bears, coyote."
- Carol Lam in Washington Post
In an e-mail to Justice Department attorney Rebecca Seidel, Lam said she defended her record to Issa by explaining that she had traded "low-end coyote cases" _ a reference to immigrant smugglers _ for more complicated prosecutions of smuggling...