- n the helmsman of a ship's boat or a racing crew
- But when the coxswain radioed his superiors for further direction, his commanders argued over the radio waves about what to do next.
- Finding an able coxswain is a major problem for most college crew coaches.
- Stroke Thomas Judge of Manhattan College's crew reluctantly admitted to that the coxswain of the Rollins College crew that beat Manhattan last fortnight was a girl Sally .
News & Articles
- Marin briefs: Marin Rowing's women's varsity 8+ boat wins national title
OAKRIDGE, Tenn. — Led by coxswain Jill Berling, the Marin Rowing Association's women's varsity 8+ boat won the championship at the 2013 U.S. Rowing Youth Nationals after taking first place in the grand final on Sunday.
June 10, 2013 - Marin Independent Journal
- W. Rowing. SMU Signee Wins USRowing Youth National Championship
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (SMU) - SMU signee Savannah Moody won the USRowing Youth National Championship as a member of the Long Beach Junior 4X, posting a time of 6:58.83, nearly five seconds faster than the second place crew. Molly O'Connell, a coxswain for the Long Beach club, led her 8+ crew to a fourth-place finish in the finals.
June 10, 2013 - SMU Mustangs
- Saratoga Rowing Association women's varsity eight places sixth at US Rowing Youth Invitational championship
SARATOGA SPRINGS — The Saratoga Rowing Association women’s varsity eight of Caroline Murphy, Claire Murphy, Kerri Wegner, Kelli Wegner, Shannon Merboth, Alexis Georgia, Meghan Hampton, MacKenzie Battle and coxswain MacKenzie Hart called it a prep career on Sunday, rowing to a sixth-place finish at the US Rowing Youth National Invitation championship regatta in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
June 10, 2013 - The Saratogian