- n fruit or seed of the cowpea plant
- n sprawling Old World annual cultivated especially in southern United States for food and forage and green manure
- n eaten fresh as shell beans or dried
- Cary Fowler in East African
So called 'orphan' crops such as cowpea and groundnuts are not minor or insignificant crops,said Cary Fowler, executive director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust. "They are of great importance to regional food security. In addition, they...
- Bill Payne in Science Daily (press release)
The cowpea has worldwide importance as a crop for both human and animal nutrition,said Payne of Texas AgriLife Research, assistant director for research at the Norman Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture. "Introducing improved...