cowhide : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n leather made from the hide of a cow
- n the hide of a cow
- n a heavy flexible whip braided from leather made from the hide of a cow
- v flog with a cowhide
- Many were dressed in Voortrekker garbthe men in cowhide or corduroys, with feathered slouch hats, powder horns, and bushy beards which they had carefully grown during the past .
- His pugnacious cowhide radicalism nettled patrician Senators, and in a close election contest in 1924 the Senate chose to seat his opponent.
- NYLO not only has design features that play up the locality, like cowhide rugs and glass chandeliers in the shape of antlers in Texas, but, like Aloft, also will offer local .
News & Articles
- Restaurants we Love: Gaucho Grill in White Plains
Loading Photo Galleries ... The black-and-white interior features cowhide on the walls, crystal chandeliers, paintings of costumed gauchos and white leather banquettes.
June 9, 2013 - The Journal News
- Juneau American Legion baseball returns to state diamonds
The ring of horsehide (or cowhide since 1974) baseballs slamming into leather mitts, the smell of roasted peanuts carried in the glacier air, the exuberance of tiny youth leaning over rails and fences begging for their favorite players autograph and the "boys of summer" obliging with a smile and a tip of the cap... those are the trademarks of American Legion baseball teams from the days before ...
June 7, 2013 - Juneau Empire