coveted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v wish, long, or crave for (something, especially the property of another person)
- s greatly desired
- Urban style hounds check HypeBeast every day for the latest news on limited-edition sneakers, hats, jeans, shades and other coveted bling.
- This summer Standard Poor's lowered South Carolina's coveted AAA-bond rating to AA, citing unemployment of 6.
- Now his work is coveted by clients ranging from the CIA to CNN, all of which realize that the era of the single-touch screen (think ATMs) is over and the multi-touch screen .
News & Articles
- Severe weather disrupts U.S. Open play Thursday
One of the most coveted prizes in golf is up for grabs in Delaware County. The first round of the U.S. Open Championship got under way briefly Thursday morning before the rains came. Gates opened to spectators at 6 a.m. and the sun was fighting to get through the clouds. Despite that, many fans knew what was on the way. You could see almost every person carrying an umbrella or wearing a rain ...
June 13, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- US Open Cup: Ambitious Orlando City add another MLS notch to their belt after shocking Sporting KC
KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Orlando City have a point to make, and so far, they're driving it home.New York City FC might have gotten the coveted 20th spot in MLS, but the Lions still want in – and they figure knocking top-flight opponents out of the US Open Cup is a good way to get the message across.“It's another MLS notch,” defender Justin Clark said after Orlando City's 1-0 fourth-round victory over ...
June 13, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Vancouver's Matthew Stowe Earns Coveted Title of Top Chef Canada
Vancouver's Matthew Stowe Earns Coveted Title of Top Chef Canada
June 11, 2013 - CNW Group via Yahoo! Finance
- Jeff Zucker in Minneapolis Star Tribune
The acquisition of Oxygen "increases our foothold in the advertiser-coveted young, upscale, female demographic," NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker said in a statement.
- Bobby Baker in FOXNews
While it's hard to put a price on a company's culture and people, this premium recognizes the fact that Rohm and Haas is a highly-coveted asset in terms of both of these critical attributes, as well as the quality and reputation of its businesses,... Geoffery Merszei http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffery_Merszei&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEU-mVxpqiQEqK4lHSKiFs7-5WUfg Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://blogs.reuters.com/reuters-dealzone/2008/07/10/dow-says-rohm-premium-was-irrelevant/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE-0TPS1gkHwi9yqXnj5ClTTP1NeQ Jul 10, 2008
23050 30942 coveted Hideaway spaces were highly coveted by the powerful, and particularly by the playful," Bobby Baker, an aide to Sen. Lyndon B. Johnson, wrote in his book, "Wheeling and Dealing: Confessions of a Capitol Hill Operator."