covet : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v wish, long, or crave for (something, especially the property of another person)
She covets her sister's house
- The neighbor coveted Ramon's house and resolved to buy it no matter what.
- David's wit and wisdom was coveted even by his rivals and when he stepped down it was a great loss to the party.
- The forward of the rival team was coveted by the Gladiators but the forward was not interested to cross over.
News & Articles
- Joe Budden – "Not Need Yours (5 AM In The Friend Zone)” [LISTEN]
Leave it up to Joe Budden to flip the script on a situation fellas tend to encounter. Men are sometimes put into a proverbial purgatory by the women they covet — affectionately coined "the friend zone." However, the scenario is switched on the New Jersey native's freebie track, "Not Need Yours."
June 11, 2013 - Hip-Hop Wired
- STEM Jobs Plentiful in Hampton Roads
Everyone seems to covet STEM jobs. Hampton Roads has a slightly greater share of those science, technology , engineering and math positions than the country as a whole. But fewer of our STEM jobs require a bachelor's degree, says a study to be released today.
June 10, 2013 - HispanicBusiness.com
- Dallas Eakins next coach of the Edmonton Oilers; good move or bad decision?
Dallas Eakins is the pretty girl at the dance this offseason; the minor league coach with great accomplishments and good potential that teams with vacancies covet. That the Edmonton Oilers won his hand speaks either speaks to their willingness to … Continue reading ?
June 9, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Mark Hughes in Times Online
As for City's pursuit of John Terry, the Chelsea and England captain, Hughes said: "Any manager would covet him. I have fantastic respect for Terry, he's a great player and an outstanding captain but at this moment in time he plays for Chelsea."
- John Adams in The Jacksonville Observer
John Adams explained: "The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. If 'Thou shalt not covet' and...
- Gary Bettman in SI.com
We covet as much attention as we can get from every possible outlet and source,Bettman said. "The newspaper industry is in a very challenging period. Editors, particularly sports editors, are looking to cut expenses every way they can. We...