county : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (United Kingdom) a region created by territorial division for the purpose of local government
the county has a population of 12,345 people
- n (United States) the largest administrative district within a state
the county plans to build a new road
- As the county's population mushroomed to 1.
- Suburban Fairfax County (which bills itself as "E-county") recently became the richest county in America, with a median household income of $90,937.
- It costs the state or the county, if the state declines to help $750 to bury an unclaimed decedent in a potter's grave in Western Wayne County.
News & Articles
- County approves School Road scope of services agreement
The county’s efforts to improve School Road are still moving along. Associate Commissioner Luke Scavuzzo made a motion during the June 6 Cass County Commissioners meeting to approve a scope of services with Right of Way Associates in regard to Phase 1 of the proposed School Road project.
June 14, 2013 - The Cass County Democrat Missourian
- County budget inflames James
Republican County commissioner Bill James is charging five board Democrats with “spending like a drunken sailor” in the proposed county budget and currying political favor by funding unqualified groups that serve blacks and Latinos.
June 13, 2013 - The Charlotte Observer
- County officials remind parents of dangers of drowning
County of San Diego officials reminded parents Thursday to keep an eye on their children this summer around swimming pools, in order to prevent drowning deaths.
June 13, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego