- n a hole (usually in wood) with the top part enlarged so that a screw or bolt will fit into it and lie below the surface
- n a bit for enlarging the upper part of a hole
- v insert (a nail or screw below the surface, as into a countersink)
- He had taught his sons to "fell a tree, sow, cultivate and harvest, save money, countersink a nail, make cider with a hand press, clean a gun, sail a boat, etc.
News & Articles
- CNC-Based Centerless Grinder suits aerospace applications.
With NUM's Flexium CNC kernel, Cincinnati 2-OM centerless grinders gain automated, precision machining capabilities. There are 4 variants, with choice of 3 autoloading options, and application-specific software is included to automate production of specialist countersink, button-head, and relief style fasteners. NUM-based upgrades transform Cincinnati 2-OM hydraulic- and mechanical-dressing ...
June 20, 2013 - ThomasNet