counteraction : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n action intended to nullify the effects of some previous action
- Before the White House could take any counteraction, he went on, "our whole house of cards collapsed.
- The Curtiss company is expected to file counteraction claiming infringement of six basic patents by Handley Page in his ship.
- Ordered by a Geneva court to honor the original agreement, Thomson launched a legal counteraction in February 1997 that prompted the current investigation.
- Randy Carlyle in Sioux City Journal
They took the attitude that this was desperation and they started to control the puck,Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle said. "Our counteraction was that we didn't skate. We stood still, and we just kept feeding them the puck. It's kind of like...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Alalam News Network
President Ahmadinejad said "the West has to know that if they take any action against Iran from now on, whether they are European or non-European, actions like sanctioning assets or goods, we will show a decisive counteraction and we are not kidding...
- Ernie Merrick in Australian FourFourTwo
From now on, I will refute each and every attack coming my way. Up to this point I have refrained from such counteraction, but now I will speak up whenever necessary. I also vow to remain faithful to all of my governing responsibilities as... President Roh http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roh_Moo-hyun&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGVj9znqN2WaHcKui00UCb0PVbyaQ Korea Herald (subscription) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/html_dir/2006/12/26/200612260040.asp&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHg7vDTjtTPTAEcbyKcD4fKwF643w Dec 25, 2006
22833 30687 counteractive Perth played a very defensive, counteractive style of football because Ron Smith didn't have the players he wanted, but he's changed that to a very attacking style this season," Merrick said. "To his credit, he got Perth into the final of...