cornhusker : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a worker who husks corn
- n a native or resident of Nebraska
- Career: As a child he helped support his widowed mother by farm work, became a champion cornhusker.
News & Articles
- Sunday, June 16, 2013 5:03 pm
Two vehicles driven by teen drivers collided Saturday night, sending seven people to the hospital. Seven Grand Island boys and eight Grand Island girls have been selected to attend Cornhusker Boys State and Cornhusker Girls State, respectively, June 2 through 8 at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
June 16, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- Gittin' 'R Done at Gridiron Golf Classic
It was a star-studded night at the Holiday Inn Express Thursday when Nebraska Cornhusker coaches and Larry the Cable Guy gathered in support of the Gridiron Golf Classic tournament.
June 14, 2013 - The Beatrice Daily Sun
- Runza Seniors top Hastings, improve to 6-0 in league
HASTINGS — Kearney Runza improved to 6-0 in Cornhusker League play with a 5-3 victory against Hastings on Wednesday night.
June 13, 2013 - Kearney Hub
- Bill Halter in BusinessWeek
She voted for the Cornhusker Kickback twice,Halter said. "She voted for the Senate bill that included it, and then she voted to keep it in there. It was being stripped out in the reconciliation bill, and by voting against the...
- Mitch McConnell in Human Events (blog)
McConnell added that House Democrats will "be called upon to vote on a bill that has the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, the Gator Aid, and all the rest."
- Henry McMaster in Tulsa Today
McMaster said, "The letter at this point deals only with the Cornhusker Kickback, and that is the focus of the effort to increase the number of signatories through the joint memo I wrote with Attorney General Edmondson. We did that and set a...