- n the basic unit of money in Nicaragua; equal to 100 centavos
- n Spanish explorer who discovered Yucatan (1475-1526)
- n a city in southern Spain; center of Moorish culture
- n a city in central Argentina; site of a university founded in 1613
- As a result, most people didn't know what to think when they were suddenly handed a new plastic 10 or 20 cordoba bill, the lowest denominations of Nicaraguan tender and therefore .
- Angel Cabrera in Independent
I started as a caddie when I was 10 years old in Cordoba and they allowed caddies to play on Mondays. I turned pro when I was 20,Cabrera said yesterday after emulating Roberto Di Vicenzo's Open glory at Carnoustie in 1967. "I couldn't...
- Andreas Ivanschitz in International Herald Tribune
We need a second 'Cordoba,'said captain Andreas Ivanschitz, referring to the Argentine city where the Austrians sent then defending champion Germany home from the 1978 World Cup with a 3-2 defeat. "That's a piece of history in Austrian...