- v make conventional or adapt to conventions
- v represent according to a conventional style
- s using artistic forms and conventions to create effects; not natural or spontaneous
- The individuality that films like Birthday Girl and Forty Shades of Blue flung in the face of increasingly conventionalized studio production appealed to his romantic side; the .
- Her multiple plot lines are neatly braided and though her characters are conventionalized they are also charming and capable of surprising us.
- It is not hard for them to imagine a fairly near future--or an alternate contemporary reality--in which the conventionalized perils of Survivor begin to pall, and some TV producer .
- Ralph Ellison in Seattle Times
As leading black novelist Ralph Ellison wrote of Huck Finn, "He knew, as did Mark Twain, that Jim was not only a slave but a human being [and] a symbol of humanity ...... and in freeing Jim, Huck makes a bid to free himself of the conventionalized...