- n sorrow for sin arising from fear of damnation
- Hatch was satisfied with Clinton's contriteness, but it was the Starr part that got him blustering like a blunderbuss.
- Former enemy peoples gave no thought to the occasion, made no beau geste to the memory of the millions they killed and maimed, showed no contriteness for the anguish and .
- On both programs, he fended off his inquisitors with elliptical candor, contriteness and stock answers that sometimes strained credibility.
- Ezra Levant in National Post
Contriteness implies that you've done something wrong for which you need to apologize or atone,Ezra Levant said moments before his 90-minute meeting with the Alberta Human Rights and Citizenship Commission in Calgary.
- Frank Hsieh in Taipei Times
When I was premier, I could hardly sleep, let alone laugh and joke as if nothing was going on. If a person has no sense of responsibility, contriteness or empathy, he should not be in that position,Hsieh said.