continuo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bass part written out in full and accompanied by numbers to indicate the chords to be played
- Just as Bach's music eschews the crudely onomatopoeic (suggesting a cock's crow, for example, by a broken chord in the continuo) so Warner's direction concerns itself with the .
- A late 17th century opera, complete with basso continuo, cupids, and Venus' own recipe for happy love: I seldom vex a lover's ears With business or with jealous fears.
- The accepted practice is to accompany the singer with a small ensemble called the continuo, which usually consists of a harpsichord and low strings.
News & Articles
- Sources say EU will approve $4B bid by Baxter for Gambro
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU antitrust regulators will conditionally approve a $4 billion bid by Baxter International Inc for Swedish peer Gambro AB, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Wednesday. The U.S. company agreed to sell its continuo...
July 10, 2013 - MedCity News