constitutionalism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a constitutional system of government (usually with a written constitution)
- n advocacy of a system of government according to constitutional principles
News & Articles
- Chinese Professor Fired for Teaching ‘Constitutionalism’
A Shanghai law professor was fired from his teaching position last week for teaching and writing articles about constitutionalism, a notion that has been rallied around by liberals in China seeking restraints on state power, but which has also been … The post Chinese Professor Fired for Teaching ‘Constitutionalism’ appeared first on The Epoch Times .
Aug. 28, 2013 - The Epoch Times
- Asif Ali Zardari in Xinhua
For a long time and at intervals the rule of law and constitutionalism has been trampled by dictators, sometimes under the doctrine of necessity and sometimes under the theory of successful revolution. This cycle must come to an end,said...
- Dahlia Lithwick in 89.3 KPCC
I think the conclusion was originalism just has a better agent,says Lithwick. "They have better PR, and living constitutionalism has really lost the PR war and needs better representation."
- Helen Zille in Mail & Guardian Online
Zille told her audience that this is a time of peril, asking: "Did we in South Africa make the transition to constitutionalism too quickly to understand its significance? Will it therefore decline as quickly as it evolved? The signs are not...