constable : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a lawman with less authority and jurisdiction than a sheriff
- n English landscape painter (1776-1837)
- n a police officer of the lowest rank
News & Articles
- Constable launches interactive website
A new website created by Precinct 3 Constable Ryan Gable uses the latest technology to provide residents with a range of services and access to law enforcement 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
June 21, 2013 - The Woodlands Villager
- Constable applicant sues county
A recent applicant for Williamson County Pct. 3 Constable has filed a lawsuit against the Commissioners Court, alleging he was asked illegal and irrelevant questions – regarding religion, abortion and gay marriage – during the March job-interview process.
June 20, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Constable who shot suspected shoplifter linked to security business
The Commonwealth Attorney's Office is looking into a Louisville business linked to a former Jefferson County Constable.
June 20, 2013 - WAVE 3 Louisville
- Shami Chakrabarti in France24
Coincidentally, Liberty today received a written response from Chief Constable Mike Todd on behalf of ACPO refusing to commence any police investigation into the allegations,Chakrabarti said.
- Jacqui Smith in FOXNews
Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said: "I have been saddened to learn that Greater Manchester Police colleagues believe that Chief Constable Michael Todd has died. Chief Constable Todd has had a long and distinguished career in various forces and has...