congo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a republic in central Africa; achieved independence from Belgium in 1960
- n a major African river (one of the world's longest); flows through Congo into the South Atlantic
- n a republic in west-central Africa; achieved independence from France in 1960
- n black tea grown in China
- Ben Affleck in FOXNews
I'm really glad that more people are paying more attention to (Congo) now but I'm really saddened that it's taken this uptick in violence to make that happen,Affleck said. "My hope in being here is primarily to bring attention to the fact...
- Eve Ensler in Forbes
In Congo, you're talking about a situation where Africans are hurting Africans, black people are hurting black people,Ensler told The Associated Press in an interview from Italy. "And it's harder to make people care. People say, 'Oh, it's...
- David Miliband in BBC News
The conflict in the east of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is not just a threat to regional stability but also has appalling human consequences,Mr Miliband said.