coneflower : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various plants of the genus Rudbeckia cultivated for their large usually yellow daisies with prominent central cones
- n a wildflower of the genus Ratibida
- n any of various perennials of the eastern United States having thick rough leaves and long-stalked showy flowers with drooping rays and a conelike center
News & Articles
- Asheville's Village Potters open Spotlight Gallery
A photo from the Land of Waterfalls Camera Club exhibit at TC Arts Council in Brevard. / Special to the Citizen-Times 'Large Coneflower Vase,' a collaboration by Sarah Wells Rolland and Lori Theriault, is on display in the Spotlight Gallery.
July 14, 2013 - Asheville Citizen-Times
- In the High Desert Garden: Colorful Mexican Hat fits the area
Provided photo • The colorful Mexican Hat is well-suited for local weather conditions. I love the Sunflower family; it contains so many interesting plants suited for our conditions. One of them is the Mexican Hat, also called prairie coneflower or yellow coneflower. While its cousin, the purple coneflower- Echinacea purpurea (asteraceae), doesn’t like my soil and is short-lived in my heavy clay ...
July 14, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald