- n any cone-shaped artifact
- n a shape whose base is a circle and whose sides taper up to a point
- n cone-shaped mass of ovule- or spore-bearing scales or bracts
- n a visual receptor cell in the retina that is sensitive to bright light and to color
- v make cone-shaped
cone a tire
- Sven Kramer in BusinessWeek
I wanted to go on the outer lane,Kramer told reporters through a translator after the race. "Then, just before the cone, Gerard shouted 'inner lane.' I thought he's probably right and went to the inner lane. I should have gone with my own...
- Rebecca Hall in News1130
I saw this woman in a serious ball gown, all glammed up and next to an ice cream van, just really getting into an enormous ice cream cone,Hall told The Associated Press in an interview. "And there was this really ominous drip just coming...
- Frederik Pohl in International Herald Tribune
Science fiction is sometimes a little hard,Pohl said. "Fantasy is like eating an ice cream cone. You don't have to think a bit."