conch : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various edible tropical marine gastropods of the genus Strombus having a brightly-colored spiral shell with large outer lip
- You can order them in conch chowder ($9), as conch fritters ($8) or as fried strips known as cracked conk ($12).
- Ceviches just a fancy word for conch salad, said his wife, Brenda, pulling out her secret stash of chunks of conch, green pepper and tomato.
- You can make this salad ultrafast by starting with cooked shrimp or conch (sold frozen in many fish markets and some supermarkets).
News & Articles
- Firefighters move in to new Conch Key digs
A long-awaited Monroe County Fire Rescue station upgrade on Conch Key is all but complete, according to Project Management Director David Hill.
June 12, 2013 - Florida Keys Keynoter
- Live coverage all day
VIDEO: For the first time since an incident at a St. Augustine restaurant, we're hearing from Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew. While he offered no details on his version of what happened at the Conch House, he did say he's ready for it all to be behind him.
June 10, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- Jones-Drew tight-lipped on alleged altercation
Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew spoke to the media for the first time Monday after an alleged incident at the Conch House in St. Augustine.
June 10, 2013 - First Coast News
- Al Schnier in JamBase
The material differs quite a bit from The Conch and Wormwood which were largely cultivated from songs nurtured through live improvisation,says guitarist Al Schnier. "The songs that comprise Sticks and Stones are much more straight, like...
- Ken Hom in Chicago Sun-Times
The restaurant offered two menus, one for Chinese customers and "one for Westerners," Hom said. "We'd get 80 pounds of conch delivered every week in burlap bags and I dreaded it because it was my job to break them open with a hammer. It was...
- Jeffrey Osborne in Jamaica Gleaner
I am so looking forwardto coming to Jamaica, not just for the conch but to relive the chemistry that I have always had with the Jamaican audience,Osborne told The Sunday Gleaner in an interview in Atlanta, USA, recently.