- n a deep awareness of and sympathy for another's suffering
- n the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it
- Why does meaningful action on medical costs go along with compassion? One answer is that compassion means not closing your eyes to the human consequences of rising costs.
- Robert McNamaras nave refusal to accept an agonizing inevitability was related to his compassion.
- When a moderate Muslims sense of compassion and conscience collides with matters prescribed by Allah, he should choose compassion.
News & Articles
- Compassion key to dealing with Mom
Compassion key to dealing with Mom Published Jun 18, 2013 01:01AM MDT Dear Carolyn • Our 24-year-old daughter, “Mary,” is getting married this August. My mother is 84, a hard-core feminist and atheist. She views religion as an oppressor of females, and hates anything to do with church. My two daughters are somewhat religious, and the groom and his family are Protestants. When I told my mother ...
June 18, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Global Compassion Network meeting set
MASON CITY — A meeting regarding the work of the Global Compassion Network will take place at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, June 18, at Rolling Acres Christian Reformed Church, 340 20th St. S.W.
June 15, 2013 - The Globe Gazette
- District to push compassion-themed art
Compassion will be a theme next year for all art students in La Crosse public schools.
June 14, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- John McCain in International Herald Tribune
McCain replied: "I don't think I did anything that any other American wouldn't do and the great honor and privilege of my life was to serve in the company of heroes and to observe a thousand acts of courage and compassion and love."
- Pope Benedict XVI in Bloomberg
These misdeeds, which constitute so grave a betrayal of trust, deserve unequivocal condemnation,Benedict told clergy as he dedicated a new altar at St. Mary's Cathedral. "Victims should receive compassion and care, and those responsible...
- Kenny MacAskill in Times Online
He had been received in Tripoli in "an inappropriate manner", Mr MacAskill said. "It showed no compassion or sensitivity to the families of the 270 victims of Lockerbie. Assurances had been given by the Libyan Government that any return would...