commerce : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n transactions (sales and purchases) having the objective of supplying commodities (goods and services)
- n the United States federal department that promotes and administers domestic and foreign trade (including management of the census and the patent office); created in 1913
- n social exchange, especially of opinions, attitudes, etc.
- Barack Obama in EasyBourse.com
Now we must extend a hand of opportunity to those who seek peace, as part of a lasting ceasefire, Gaza's border crossings should be open to allow the flow of aid and commerce,Obama said.
- President Bush in Reuters
These policies have shown themselves time and time again to be the surest path to creating jobs, increasing commerce, and fostering progress,Bush said. "And this moment of global economic uncertainty would be precisely the wrong time to...
- Judd Gregg in WPXI.com
I want to thank the President for nominating me to serve in his Cabinet as Secretary of Commerce. This was a great honor, and I had felt that I could bring some views and ideas that would assist him in governing during this difficult time,...