comment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief or adds information
from time to time she contributed a personal comment on his account
- n a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material
he wrote an extended comment on the proposal
- n a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people
- v make or write a comment on
he commented the paper of his colleague
- v explain or interpret something
- v provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases
- Lindsey Graham in Atlanta Journal Constitution
Graham, RS.C., described himself as "dismayed, angry and upset. It was an uninformed, unnecessary, unwise, untimely comment."
- Randy Neugebauer in Los Angeles Times
In a statement, Neugebauer said, "The House chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate."
- David Beckham in BBC News
David Beckham had earlier said the fan he spoke to "didn't comment on the performance, he walked in, said hello".