commander : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an officer in command of a military unit
- n someone in an official position of authority who can command or control others
- n a commissioned naval officer who ranks above a lieutenant commander and below a captain
- n an officer in the airforce
News & Articles
- Fort Greely commander loses job over sex misconduct investigation
FAIRBANKS - Fort Greely’s missile defense commander has lost his command because of an investigation into his treatment of sexual misconduct at the Delta Junction area base.
June 13, 2013 - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
- Commander battles to save post, fight sale
Johnson City, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Post 758 legion commander brings new plan to protect historic building and encourage new membership.
June 12, 2013 - WBNG Binghamton
- Alaska commander in military sex scandal suspended.
The commander of the Alaskan missile defense unit whose mission includes tracking and possibly shooting down any weapons launched by North Korea towards the United States, has been suspended, the Army said. Lt. Col. Joseph Miley, commander of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion at Fort Greely, Alaska, has been under investigation since January. The Army has not said what the nature of the ...
June 12, 2013 - KTVF Fairbanks
- Robert Gates in Wall Street Journal
Speaking for the Department of Defense, once the commander in chief makes his decisions, we will salute and execute those decisions faithfully and to the best of our ability,Mr. Gates said to the annual gathering of the Association of the...
- Anders Fogh Rasmussen in The Canadian Press
While he will no longer be the commander, the approach he helped put in place is the right one,Fogh Rasmussen said in a statement. "The strategy continues to have NATO's support, and our troops will continue to carry it out."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Austin American-Statesman
When we first started, people everywhere asked the same questions: Could a woman really serve as commander in chief? Well, I think we answered that one,Clinton said. "Could an African American really be our president? And Sen. Obama has...