- a relating to or associated with a coma
- s in a state of deep and usually prolonged unconsciousness; unable to respond to external stimuli
a comatose patient
- Catherine is slaving to break through to a little boy who is comatose from advanced schizophrenia, using an experimental technique that allows her to enter his subconscious.
- LEAD: ''That was my body,'' says the voice of the comatose Sunny von Bulow (Glenn Close) on the sound track at the beginning of ''Reversal of Fortune.
- A secondary plot involves Harris' romance with Blair Brown, an affair tainted by the fact that Harris' wife lies comatose in the hospital.
News & Articles
- Discharge and deport: The fate of many undocumented immigrants in hospitals
While Congress debates immigration and health reform, one aspect of care for undocumented immigrants is not likely to change. That is the often invisible hospital practice of transporting sick and sometimes comatose patients to other countries.
June 7, 2013 - Philly.com
- Four charged with shooting man in head
GREENVILLE — A door-knocking, car-stopping community canvass and around-the-clock detective work put three men and a 15-year-old boy behind bars in a shooting that left a man comatose.
June 7, 2013 - The Wilson Times
- 2:55 P.M.: When Productivity Dies
You're not getting anything done in the afternoon. So what can you do about it? You're cross-eyed from monitor glare, comatose from lunch digestion, and you don't even realized you just opened up Facebook: It's 2:55 in the afternoon, the time of day when productivity dies. Deconstructing the dip LondonOffices.com's recent poll of 420 British office workers, while not incredibly scientifically ...
June 6, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Elizabeth Mitchell in Kansas City Star
There were two injured guys who came back on the plane with us who were essentially comatose throughout the whole way. One had lost two limbs - a left arm and a right arm - and another guy who was saved by his mate's body being in the way but took... Prince Harry http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Henry_of_Wales&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEfMBLCgoAMHZQzBpCWXbWoP33NdQ InTheNews.co.uk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/autocodes/countries/afghanistan/prince-harry-rejects-hero-reports-on-return-from-front-line-%241208827.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHVYwOMfgyZqQ7_MzX8FvCDZMKLBw Mar 2, 2008
19696 27465 comatose I have worked overnight for several such events and have been truly astounded by what I have seen," said Dr. Elizabeth Mitchell, an emergency room physician at California Hospital Medical Center. "There is something about seeing a comatose,...
- Peter Chiarelli in The Associated Press
We had no idea this was going to be the next salvo from our beloved opponents. I wasn't in the hospital when the CID swooped down on the ICU (intensive care unit) section where my dad is kept. My mother was with my comatose father when they asked... Adnan Sami http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Sami&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFmnnk8vsKEYyIIWxYCox-ijc_uVg Sify http://www.google.com/url?q=http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php%3Fid%3D14889433&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFZQioCEsiV87E-Q54aFm82y5WTKQ May 21, 2009
19698 27470 comb We've been going through this with a fine-toothed comb," Chiarelli said. "There's differences in their game, there's subtle differences in their personality. But they're really close."