- v settle as a colony; of countries in the developing world
- v settle as colonists or establish a colony (in)
News & Articles
- Richard Branson Says Space Hotels 'Could Eventually Happen' | huffingtonpost.co.uk
Virgin could "eventually" be building hotels in space, according to Sir Richard Branson. The entrepreneur made his prediction as he revealed that his latest venture, Virgin Galactic, which aims to take ordinary people into space, is just "months away" from its first flight. "Stephen Hawking wants us to colonise the moon or Mars … that could eventually happen. As could a hotel in space," Branson ...
Sept. 20, 2013 - Hospitality Net
- Kyi Hla Han in Reuters India
The European Tour continues to proceed on its expansion programme to colonise Asia with the announcement of a Korean event today without the official involvement of the Asian Tour,Asian Tour executive chairman Kyi Hla Han said in a statement.
- Jeffrey Wilson in guardian.co.uk
Co-author Jeffrey Wilson, from Michigan University, said: "Until the continents fully separated, dinosaurs like Rugops and other animals used narrow land bridges to colonise adjacent continents and roam within a few degrees of the South Pole."
- Moammar Gadhafi in ANSA.it
Speaking to students at La Sapienza, Gadaffi said the US wanted to "colonise the globe", was not interested in people's freedom and fought against anyone who "got in its way".