cold war : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a state of political hostility between countries using means short of armed warfare
- n a state of political hostility that existed from 1945 until 1990 between countries led by the Soviet Union and countries led by the United States
News & Articles
- US and Russia Set Up Cyber Cold War Hotline
judgecorp writes "In a move reminiscent of the 1960s Cold War days, Presidents Obama and Putin have set up a hotline between their respective cyber-security authorities, to defuse any possible crises and prevent them from escalating into an online equivalent of the Cuban Missile Crisis. 'We recognise that threats to or in the use of ICTs include political-military and criminal threats, as well ...
June 20, 2013 - Slashdot
- Obama Evokes Cold War In Speech At Berlin's Brandenburg Gate
Against a backdrop that evoked the Cold War, President Obama renewed his push to reduce the world's nuclear stockpiles on Wednesday. Obama delivered an address outside the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. He also meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
June 19, 2013 - NPR
- First Thoughts: Cold War tensions are back
Cold War tensions are back as G-8 summit begins… A test of Obama’s international leadership… Cheney vs. Gore on NSA surveillance… New Yorker: Everything you wanted to know about the Gang of Eight... Boehner to abide by Hastert Rule on immigration?... What does Rowhani’s win mean for the U.S.?... Poll: Markey leads Gomez by double digits… And Manchin gears up … for 2018!!!*** Cold War tensions ...
June 17, 2013 - NBC NEWS