coercion : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of compelling by force of authority
- n using force to cause something to occur
they didn't have to use coercion
- Kevin's fraternal twin, Kyle, was found guilty of second-degree conspiracy, first-degree aggravated sexual assault by use of force or coercion and second-degree attempted .
- Such reliance on ignorance and thinly veiled coercion is deeply troubling.
- His denial of state coercion has drawn charges of hypocrisy, since Mr.
News & Articles
- Theater Listings for June 14-20
Here Lies Love An invigorating poperetta, conceived by David Byrne, that sets a new standard for audience participation. Or do I mean coercion?
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- Down the Wrong Path: Book Details Psychiatry's Lack of Objective Science
Psychiatry -- which uses well-intentioned coercion, unscientific diagnoses and psychoactive drugs that do as much harm as good -- is a science that is off course, according to a new book co-written by Tomi Gomory, an associate professor in the Florida State University College of Social Work.
June 12, 2013 - Newswise
- Column: Power and concepts
Capitalist coercion of information leads to the destruction of values. We have natural values. If we were to implement these values, it would undermine capitalist hierarchies. Elite institutions destroy the values, thereby destroying the threat. Since elite groups can no longer use violence upon the population at any whim, they have evolved other mechanisms to stop us from achieving the society ...
June 10, 2013 - The California Aggie
- Barack Obama in MSNBC
Promoting science isn't just about providing resources, it is also about protecting free and open inquiry,Obama said. "It is about letting scientists like those here today do their jobs, free from manipulation or coercion, and listening to...
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in BBC News
Earlier this week the Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned Western countries that if they continued to issue "threats and enforcement of coercion and violence, then undoubtedly they must know that the Iranian authorities will use all...
- Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett in Guardian Unlimited
I am very concerned about these pictures and any indication of pressure on or coercion of our personnel,said Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett.