clincher : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an argument that is conclusive
- n a point or fact or remark that settles something conclusively
- n a tool used to clinch nails or bolts or rivets
- Carlos Boozer in USA Today
At that time of the game, it seemed like every play could be the clincher,Boozer said.
- Joe Thornton in Forbes
Every big game we need him to play big, he plays big,teammate Joe Thornton said. "Just like last year, he scored the clincher for us. He did it again."
- Terry Francona in Sports Network
The clincher for (pitching coach) John Farrell and myself is when we said if we're 100 percent and we don't need another pitcher, should he be here on the roster? The answer was yes,added Francona.