climber : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a vine or climbing plant that readily grows up a support or over other plants
- n someone seeking social prominence by obsequious behavior
- n someone who ascends on foot
- n someone who climbs as a sport; especially someone who climbs mountains
the lead climber looked strong still but his partner often slumped in his ropes
- n an iron spike attached to the shoe to prevent slipping on ice when walking or climbing
News & Articles
- Rock Climber injured in fall at RMNP
A 36-year-old rock climber was injured in a fall in Rocky Mountain Nation Park on Friday afternoon.
June 15, 2013 - KMGH 7 Denver
- Big Meadow fire rescue team helps save fallen climber
A helicopter and rescue crew working on the Big Meadows fire were used to help save a 36-year-old climber who fell approximately 40 feet on Friday afternoon while climbing in the Lumpy Ridge area on the east side of Rocky Mountain National Park.
June 15, 2013 - Denver Post
- Climber rescued after fall in Quarry Park
Firefighters from Waite Park and St. Cloud used a rope-lowering system Thursday to rescue a rock climber who fell while climbing up a wall in Quarry Park.
June 14, 2013 - St. Cloud Times
- Christian Prudhomme in Reuters
Contador is first of all a great climber, very elegant and flowing,Prudhomme told journalists. "But he also showed a great strength of character."
- Carlos Sastre in Minneapolis Star Tribune
I suffered a lot on the way to the summit, but I take great pleasure in capturing the jersey,Sastre said through a translator. "A pure climber has to take advantage of his opportunities, and this was mine."
- Brett Lancaster in Sydney Morning Herald
Petacchi and McEwen are the most dangerous rivals right now in the green jersey. It's too early to say too much about the green jersey. The green jersey is always fought to the final day,Lancaster said. "Thor is a good climber and he will...