clergy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n in Christianity, clergymen collectively (as distinguished from the laity)
- The clergy moan that their congregations today need entertainment rather than moral counsel.
- The clergy from both sides stepped in stop the bloodbath and mindless violence.
- The clergy of the town have been accused of alcoholism and gross misdemeanor.
- Pope Benedict XVI in Detroit Free Press
I would like to pause to acknowledge the shame which we have all felt as a result of the sexual abuse of minors by some clergy ...... in this country,Benedict said during an address at mass. "Those responsible for these evils must be...