- n an alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991
- n a unit of radioactivity equal to the amount of a radioactive isotope that decays at the rate of 37,000,000,000 disintegrations per second
News & Articles
- Dana Reinforces Commitment to Russia, CIS at CTT 2013
MOSCOW - At CTT 2013, June 4-8 in Moscow, Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) will announce further steps to bolster its ongoing support of the growing construction market in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States by expanding its aftermarket network and offering customized drivetrain solutions for the region. Construction activity in Russia and CIS is expected to continue ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Dining Notes
“Dine Out For Kids” is June 18 this year: That’s when restaurants donate a portion of their day’s gross sales to Communities in Schools, which works to encourage students to stay in school, with support from partnerships with service agencies, businesses, faith communities and more. CIS provides services to 6,800 students a year in 45 Charlotte-Mecklenburg public schools.
June 12, 2013 - The Charlotte Observer
- Dubai Chamber Trade Mission Explores Promising CIS Markets
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dubai Chamber Trade Mission Explores Promising CIS Markets
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire
- Jaap de Hoop Scheffer in MWC News
This deployment of Russian railroad forces does not appear to have any legal basis. It is not taking place in the context of the CIS peacekeeping mission, and it is against the express wishes of the Georgian government,de Hoop Scheffer said...
- Danny Maciocia in Vancouver Sun
Saleem is the top-rated free safety coming out of the CIS and there is a very strong possibility he can come to camp and start for us,said Eskimos general manager Danny Maciocia. "We've known for the last little while that Scott Gordon...
- Zalmay Khalilzad in AFP
The United States regrets Russia's decision to withdraw unilaterally from the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) sanctions on Abkhazia,US Ambassador to the UN Zalmay Khalilzad told reporters.