- n usually coiled
- n a wispy white cloud (usually of fine ice crystals) at a high altitude (4 to 8 miles)
- n a slender flexible animal appendage as on barnacles or crinoids or many insects; often tactile
News & Articles
- Photo: Sun halo spotted in Seattle
Folks in Seattle are spotting a bright ring of light around the sun today. Known as a sun halo or a “sun dog,” the ring occurs when light passes through the ice crystals of high-altitude cirrus clouds. The light refracts at an angle, creating a halo that can be observed from certain vant
June 15, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Lindberg letter: Using 30th as access would improve street
As residents of one of four homes that are adjacent to N. 30th Street, we would like to comment on the current issue of access roads to the proposed Cirrus Sky Technology Park.
June 15, 2013 - Laramie Boomerang
- Cirrus Enlists Kepware Technology to Help Major Beef Producer Streamline Logistics
PORTLAND, Maine, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kepware Technologies , a software development company focused on communications for automation, today announced its successful implementation with Cirrus ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Roy Spencer in USA Today
While low clouds have a predominantly cooling effect due to their shading of sunlight, most cirrus clouds have a net warming effect on the Earth,Spencer says.
- Jonathon Keats in Wired (blog)
Skies are the ultimate botanical tourist attraction,says Mr. Keats. "The cirrus and altostratus cloud formations over Paris are as absorbing for plants as Notre Dame and the Louvre are for humans."
- John Bingham in Aero-News Network
Cirrus is very pleased to endorse the MLX770 as a dealer-installed upgrade for the hundreds of Cirrus airplanes currently operating in Europe,said John Bingham, Vice President of International Sales for Cirrus. "Cirrus' goal is to bring...