- n a travelling company of entertainers; including trained animals
he ran away from home to join the circus
- n a performance given by a traveling company of acrobats, clowns, and trained animals
the children always love to go to the circus
- n a frenetic disorganized (and often comic) disturbance suggestive of a large public entertainment
it was so funny it was a circus
- n (antiquity) an open-air stadium for chariot races and gladiatorial games
- n an arena consisting of an oval or circular area enclosed by tiers of seats and usually covered by a tent
they used the elephants to help put up the circus
- n a genus of haws comprising the harriers
News & Articles
- Circus elephant traveling, 2 months after shooting
A circus elephant is traveling but not yet performing, two months after being injured in a drive-by shooting in Mississippi.
June 20, 2013 - WAPT Jackson
- Circus bringing three-ring fun to Cajundome
As circus ringmaster, David Shipman keeps the audience engaged and involved. / Submitted photo • What: Fully Charged, Gold Edition — knife throwing, high-wires, strength, aerial gymnastics, acrobatics, animal performances, comedians, fire juggling, tap dancing and more.
June 20, 2013 - The Journal News
- Circus elephant traveling, 2 months after shooting - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2
TUPELO, Miss. (AP) - A circus elephant is traveling but not yet performing, two months after being injured in a drive-by shooting in Mississippi. Carol, a 39-year-old Asian elephant, spent several weeks recovering at a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus farm in Springfield, Mo.
June 20, 2013 - KALB Alexandria
- John Boehner in International Herald Tribune
Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, said the bill was "a political circus" diverting attention from why the administration hadn't done more to block the bonuses before they were paid.
- Brett Favre in International Herald Tribune
It's tempting just to, as everyone said, you know, call their bluff or whatever,Favre said. "I think it's going to be a circus in itself already, whether I go there, whatever."
- Barack Obama in ABC News
See, this is part of what happens. I mean, it just- it becomes a big circus instead of us focusing on health care,a laughing Obama told CBS' "60 Minutes."