- n an independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest; headed by the Director of Central Intelligence under the supervision of the President and National Security Council
News & Articles
- CIA preparing to deliver rebels arms through Turkey and Jordan
Officials say CIA has a clearer view of who among the rebels should receive first shipments of U.S. weapons.
June 15, 2013 - Washington Post
- Cia To Lead U.s. Efforts In Syria War
WASHINGTON - The CIA is preparing to deliver arms to rebel groups in Syria through clandestine bases in Turkey and Jordan that were expanded over the past year in an effort to establish reliable supply routes into the country for nonlethal material, U.S.
June 15, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- CIA Handed Out Brochures at D.C. Pride Festival
CIA employees handed out a brochure that explained the agency doesn't discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. [ more › ]
June 14, 2013 - DCist
- Barack Obama in eFluxMedia
I don't want them [the CIA] to suddenly feel like they've got spend their all their time looking over their shoulders,said Obama.
- Mike Hayden in Forbes
I welcome this inquiry and the CIA will cooperate fully,CIA Director Mike Hayden said in a statement. "I welcome it as an opportunity to address questions that have arisen over the destruction back in 2005 of videotapes."
- President Bush in New York Times
Mr. Bush told the nation that it "would take away one of the most valuable tools in the war on terror - the CIA program to detain and question key terrorist leaders and operatives."